15 February 2008

Lent 1 A

Introit:

From the Sacramentary:
When he calls to me, I will answer: I will rescue him and give him honour. Long life and contentment will be his. Psalm 91: 15-16

From the Simple Gradual (Lent I)
Antiphon: When you call to the Lord, God will listen; when you cry out, God will say: here I am.
Psalm 91(90V): 1-2 4-6, 9-13
V1 You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty V2. You will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress; my God in whom I trust.” ….

From the Graduale Romanum, Translated from the Latin (NSRV)
15When they call to me, I will answer them; I will be with them in trouble, I will rescue them and honour them. 16With long life I will satisfy them, and show them my salvation. Ps. Verse: 1You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, Ps. 90 (91): 15, 16, Ps. Verse: 1

Suggestions:
My Refuge, My Fortress, My God in Whom I Trust CBW III 496 (The GIRM approves of Psalm tones being used for Introits) [Text: The Grail/ Music: Psalm tone: M. Guimont]
O God Our Help In Ages Past CBW III 644 [Text Isaac Watts/ Tune: St. Anne attrib. William Croft]

Responsorial Psalm:
From the Lectionary
Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you. Ps. 33: 4-5, 18-19, 20,22 (R. 22)

May Your Love Be Upon Us CBW 47 [Dan Smith/ Fr. Steven. Somerville]
Since you use the CBW III I haven’t included the Graduals or Tracts from either the G. Romanum, Or the G. Simplex]

Offertory Antiphon:
From the Graduale Romanum (translated) 4he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. 5You will not fear the terror of the night, or the arrow that flies by day. Ps. 91: 4-5
Verses of Psalm 91 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

From the Graduale Simplex Lent 1 (Translated)
When you give alms, let not your left hand know what your right hand is doing Ps.
Have mercy on me o God, according to your steadfast love … Matthew 6:3
Verses from Ps. 51(50V): 1-3 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon

Suggestions
The one you didn’t choose for the introit or
Have Mercy On Me CBW 364 (Either Antiphon 1 or 2) {Text: The Grail Verses Ps. 51; Tune: Gelineau / Murray]

Communion
From the Sacramentary
The Lord will overshadow you, and you will find refuge under his wings. Psalm 91; 4

From the Graduale Romanum (translated) 4he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. 5You will not fear the terror of the night, or the arrow that flies by day. Ps. 91: 4-5
Verses of Psalm 91 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated)Lord listen to my cry Ps. Give ear to my words, O Lord; give heed to my sighing … Ps. 5:1b
Verses from Psalm 5 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon

Suggestions:
O Light of Light, O Love Given Birth CBW 434 [Text: tr. 10th cent. Latin L. Housman; Tune: Jesu Dulcis Memoria]
O Merciful Redeemer CBW 369 [Text: St. Gregory the Great; Tune: MELCOMBE, Webbe]

Recessional:
O Raise Your Eyes On High CBW 366 [Text: R. Wright; Tune: Dumferline]

Mass Setting
(New) Mass of the Good Shepherd (Fr. S. Somerville)
[Kyrie CBW 235; Gospel Acclamation CBW 260; Sanctus et Benedictus CBW 283A; Memorial Acclamation 283C; Great Amen CBW 283D; The Lord’s Prayer CBW 287; Agnus Dei CBW 288]

No comments: