4 September 2008

Answers to Prayer Requests

I've made a few requests lately, so I thought I'd update two of them. The friend who was having a rough period has had a few bits of good news, and things seem to be going better for the moment. Thank you all who prayed for him.

As for myself and the union: the strike seems to have been averted. Last week the union scheduled a strike meeting for today, but under the pressure of a deadline and (finally) marathon negotiations, an agreement was reached, and today we had a ratification meeting, rather than a strike vote. I think the new deal should pass. Most of the union members to whom I spoke were for it, so that crisis seems to have passed. Thank you again to all who prayed for this one. A strike would have been a disaster for myself and my family.

No comments: