6 January 2012

I knew this was going to happen sooner or later

Having just said below that I don't write about news, I will now write about some news.

Archbishop Thomas Collins  has been elevate to the college of cardinals.  Toronto will once again have a voting Cardinal in the college.

Our archbishop doesn't turn up in news or blogs all that often, which, all things considered, is not such a bad thing.  Running a diocese as large and as various as Toronto- or perhaps I should just say 'Toronto', as there may not be another one like it- must be enough of a headache without having the various media peering over your shoulder and evaluating your every move.

At any rate, prayers for our new cardinal, he'll need them, congratulations, and perhaps a celebratory drink. I suggest a mixture of



I'll bet he's never head that joke before.

No comments: