5 March 2014

Happy Ash Wednesday

Is everybody ready to give something up?

Puff asked younger today what she wanted to give up for Lent.  Younger replied "School."

I have decided this year I will sacrifice my incredible, awe-inspiring humility for Lent.  I know, I know, it's hard, but I am willing to do it.  My humility has become such a burden upon my family.  It is tough for the family to live under the shadow of my humility, seeing as I'm a million times as humble as they.   I see that it has become a stumbling block for them, so I will lay it down for them, that it may instead became a stepping stone.  No need to thank me.  Your undying admiration is all the thanks I desire.

And for the rest of you: here's something to ponder today:

Come back and look at this picture again tomorrow, and let me know if it has the same effect.  You're welcome.

3 comments:

Mary N. said...

Lol. My daughter would give two thumbs up to Younger for that comment! She'd give you two thumbs down for yours though!

And the steak? Go out and learn the meaning of the word mercy, Bear.

Bear said...

Mary: hehehehehe.

Puff said...

Younger has decided to give up feeling sorry for herself. Except for Sundays. Cause Sunday is never a penance and you can have what you give up on Sundays.