7 December 2014

Second bazaar wasn't too great either.

Unlike the first, this one was well planned and executed. We had announced in the bulletin. We had banners in front of the church. We told some other nearby churches that we were having the bazaar, and they announced it to their congregations.

Usually attendence at a bazaar, if it were to be graphed, appears like a classic pig in a python pattern. We begin with a trickle, then a sudden flood, then quickly back to a trickle, and then done- a python with a bulge. But the pig never showed up. We had a trickle from beginning to end. Perhaps I was mistaken about the previous bazaar. Perhaps no amount of planning can draw the crowds anymore. I made money, but not much. The planner is considering shifting the day next year, from a Saturday to Sunday before and after the Masses. it may be easier to get the congregation to come when they're already there. Maybe it will help. Can't do much worse.

4 comments:

Vox Cantoris said...

Pictures of your wares please?

Bear said...

Coming.

Vox Cantoris said...

I will put them on Vox! Send to my email

Bear said...

It's going to take a little bit of time. I ran into a snag. My computer is old and Microsoft no longer supports the OS. I am slowly losing my internet functions one by one. I already cannot play videos, or sound, I cannot open my e-mail from home, I can only blog on HTML, and I can't can't attach pictures at home, and now I can't attach pictures to the internet so I can access them and mail them around from work. It'll take a day or two to work out another way around this .