16 July 2007

acknowledgements

I am about to embark on a series of posts over the next few days on the subject of St Clare's Church in Toronto. I will be using photographs taken by myself and Voxcantor to illustrate my points and speak about the church specifically but also The Church in general.

I wish to thank Father Ernesto De Ciccio for allowing me to photograph the church and use the pictures on this blog.

I also wish to thank Voxcantor for helping me with the pictures and with allowing me the use of his camera.

St Clare's is a beautiful church, more so now than when I first began attending there. Father De Ciccio's work in preserving the building itself is worthy of great praise. The church is something of a "sleeper" among the churches of Toronto. I won't say that it is the most beautiful church in the city (St. Paul's Basilica down on Queen st. has a fair lock on that title) but it is a gem nonetheless.

It is currently having a drive to raise money for renovations (see sidebar for more information) but I won't be focusing on that. Instead I wish to show some of the treasures it has inside, and tell a few of the stories I know about its history and its ties to the history of our Church as a whole.

Lastly, I just want to say that I am not Gerald over at Cafeteria is Closed. He is an excellent photographer; I am just a guy who borrowed a camera for a few days. Several pictures did not turn out as well as I had hoped, but I will use them anyway to give you the general idea.

Everything said, the first post should be up by late tonight, after elder and younger are a-bed. See you then.

No comments: