12 December 2016

Exhibit N: It is now impossible to differentiate between reality and parody.

When I first heard this I thought it was a parody of... something, I guess.  I had trouble believing these guys were straight up.  Poe's law strikes again, I suppose.

I understand what they are trying to do, and I admit the original does nowadays have a creepy vibe, but this just strikes me as a misfire more than a corrective. All I can hear in the man's lines are variations of "Don't let the door hit you on the way out." which, I imagine is not quite what they intend.

Furthermore, this song is still creepy. The woman is saying, repeatedly, that she must leave. The guy is telling her to go, and she then proceeds to... not leave. And, after being told repeatedly to go, she invites herself to a drink. They didn't fix the creepiness. They inverted it.



No comments: