16 February 2007

Ash Wednesday

Introit
The Days Have Come; Canticle of Wisdom (BFW 50, 51)

Responsorial Psalm
Be Merciful O Lord, for We Have Sinned (Kreutz/ Murray)

Gospel Acclamation
(Tract) Praise to you Lord, King of Eternal Glory (Rev. S. Somerville)
(Verse) If today you hear God's voice, harden not your hearts

Distribution of Ashes
Take Away, O God, my wickedness; Psalm 51 "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love" (BFW 55, 56)

Preparation of the Gifts:
The Lord has Come to Help Me; Psalm 30 "I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up, and did not let my foes rejoice over me " (BFW 57, 58)

Communion:
Qui meditabitur in lege Domini die ac nocte, dabit fructum suum in tempore suo; Ps. 1 ( GR pp. 67; BFW 443)

O Give Us, Lord Your Help in Time Of Suff'rung; Ps 60, (BFW 59, 60)

Recessional
None, withdraw in silence

Mass Setting
Mass of the Good Shepherd (Rev. S. Somerville)
Sanctus, Christ Has Died, Great Amen, Lord's Prayer, Agnus Dei

No comments: