8 October 2007

What does a Good Christian do

Remembrance Day has always been an important day for both Bear and myself. For me it became even more so, when I met my Father-in-law, who served in WWII, and the whole Tommy Guns in the Chicken Coop story.

Normally Remembrance Day would be easy to decide what to do. It's usually on a Weekday and I generally, watch or tape the services. But this year it is on Sunday, and I thought it would be very effective for us and the girls to attend the Cenotaph Services in Ottawa,we would attend Mass on Saturday Evening.

But here is the fly in the ointment: Sunday, November 11 at the 12noon mass at Bear's Ordinary Mass Choir, there will be the Ordination to the Transitional Diaconate for a former altar boy, and choir master/organist of the parish; here's the kicker: the Archbishop himself will be celebrating.

Now anyone who has read this blog for any length of time knows of my attempts to get the pastor to follow the rules of the RS, and my failures to succeed, especially regarding his confecting the blood of Christ in a carafe.

I admit, the hope that The Archbishop corrects the pastor is very great. And the honour of having Bear sing at a Mass celebrated by an Archbishop is overwhelming- both of which might lead to the sin of pride with a heavy dollop of gloating. So maybe I should pray for the deacon -elect and avoid the sin of temptation all together.

I set up a poll in the sidebar.

No comments: