15 February 2008

Because Teresa asked - Suggestions for Lent 2 A UPDATED

I cited the wrong Propers and so I updated the on Friday February 15
Introit:

From the Sacramentary:
Remember your mercies, Lord, your tenderness from ages past. Do not let our enemies triumph over us; O God, deliver Israel from all her distress. Psalm 25:6,3,22

From the Simple Gradual (Transfiguration of the Lord)
Jesus took his disciples up the mountain and was transfigured in their presence. Ps. Vs: How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of hosts! Matthew 17:1-2; Ps. 84: 1-4, 8-11

From the Graduale Romanum, Translated
8“Come,” my heart says, “seek his face!” Your face, Lord, do I seek. 9Do not hide your face from me. Verse: 1The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? Psalm 27: 8-9a; 1

OR:

6Be mindful of your mercy, O Lord, and of your steadfast love, for they have been from of old. do not let my enemies exult over me. 22Redeem Israel, O God, out of all its troubles. Psalm Verse: 1To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 2O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame. Psalm 25: 6, 2b, 22 and 1-2a


Responsorial Psalm:
From the Lectionary
Lord, let your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in you. Ps. 33: 4-5, 18-19, 20,22 (R. 22)

May Your Love Be Upon Us CBW 47 [Dan Smith/ Fr. Steven. Somerville]
Since you use the CBW III I haven’t included the Graduals or Tracts from either the G. Romanum, Or the G. Simplex]

Offertory Antiphon:
From the Graduale Romanum (translated) 47I find my delight in your commandments, because I love them. 48I revere your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes. Psalm 119: 47-48

From the Graduale Simplex Transfiguration of Our Lord (Translated)
Let us make here three tabernacles: one for you, Lord, one for Moses, and one for Elijah. Ps. Vs: How very good and pleasant it is when kindred live together in unity. Mark 9:5
Verses from Ps. 133: 1-3 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon

Communion
From the Sacramentary
This is my Son, me beloved, in whom is all my delight: listen to him. Matthew 17:5

From the Graduale Romanum (translated)
9 “Tell no one about the vision until after the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” Matthew 17: 9 Verses from Psalm 45 or 97 can be subng between repetitions of the antiphon.

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated)
“Tell no one about the vision until after the Son of Man has been raised from the dead.” Matthew 17: 9 Verses from Psalm 45 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Suggestions:
O Light of Light, Love given Birth CBW 434
O Raise Your Eyes On High CBW 366
O God Our Help In Past CBW 644
The Glory of these Forty Days (Text / Tune Erhalt uns, Herr CBW 352)
Ave Verum Corpus (Mozart)

Mass Setting
(New) Mass of the Good Shepherd (Fr. S. Somerville)
[Kyrie CBW 235; Gospel Acclamation CBW 260; Sanctus et Benedictus CBW 283A; Memorial Acclamation 283C; Great Amen CBW 283D; The Lord’s Prayer CBW 287; Agnus Dei CBW 288]

*********************************
I no longer give my research to the MD, since Father is now advising him. Besides he has my reseach for Year A from 4 years ago, so he really doesn't need any more research from me.

If you would like suggestions from me e-mail me at the 'blog's e-mail address and I will try.

No comments: