23 February 2008

Lent 4A; Sunday March 1, 2008

Mass Settings;
(New) Mass of the Good Shepherd (Fr. S. Somerville)
Kyrie CBW 235; Gospel Acclamation: CBW 260; Eucharistic Acclamations: CBW 283A[Holy], C [Lord, by Your cross…], D [Great Amen]

Hymn Suggestions
Grant To Us, O Lord (Scrutiny-Introit)
Eternal Father Strong to Save
My Shepherd Is the Lord (Gelineau/ The Grail)
The Lord’s My Shepherd (Crimond/ Scottish Psalter)
The Lord My Shepherd Rules My Life (Idle/ Crimond)
I Rejoiced When I Heard Them Say (Gelineau/ The Grail)
Lead Kindly Light (JH Newman; Purday)
I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say (Bonar/ Trad. English)
O Radiant Light, O Sun Divine (Phos Hilaron/ Isele)
O Jesus Joy Of Loving Hearts (Fulda/ Jesu, dulcis memoria)
O Radiant Light, O Sun Divine (Phos Hilaron/ Isele)
O Jesus Joy Of Loving Hearts (Fulda/ Jesu, dulcis memoria)
Praise the One Who Breaks the Darkness (Edwards/ Hyfrydol)
Word of God, Come Down on Earth (Quinn/ Ahle; Bach)

Introit:
From The Sacramentary:
Rejoice Jerusalem! Be glad for her, you who love her; rejoice with her, you who mourned for her, and you will find contentment at her consoling breast. Isaiah 66:10-11

Or: (If Scrutinies are to be performed)
I will prove my holiness through you. I will gather you from the ends of the earth; I will pour clean water on you and wash away all your sins. I will give you a new spirit within you, says the Lord. Ezekiel 36:23-26

From the Graduale Romanum (Translated)
Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice with her in joy, all you who mourn over her— that you may drink deeply with delight from her glorious bosom. Ps. I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD!’ Isaiah 66:10-11; Psalm 122: 1

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated: By Flowing Waters, Dr. Ford)
In my distress I called out to the Lord; God heard my cry and set me free. V. O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever. Psalm 118: 5 Verses from Psalm 118: 1, 4, 7-12, 14, 17 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

First Reading:
David was anointed king over Israel. I Samuel 16: 1b, 6-7, 10-13 (Lectionary)

Responsorial Psalm
From the Lectionary:
The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want. Ps.23: 1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 (R. 1)
OR:
Gradual
From the Graduale Romanum (Translated)
I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go to the house of the LORD!’ V. Peace be within your walls, and security within your towers.’ Ps. 122: 1V. 7

Responsorial Psalm from the Graduale Simplex (Translated: By Flowing Waters, Dr. Ford)
The Lord is our help in time of distress. Ps. 9: 1-3, 7-8, 10-11, 13, 18 (R. 9)

Or:
Lord, listen to my voice Ps. 130: 1-8 (R. 2a)

Second Reading:
Rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you. Ephesians 5: 8-11 (Lectionary)

Gospel Acclamation Verse:
From the Lectionary
I am the light of the world, says the Lord; whoever follows me will have the light of life. John 8:12

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated: By Flowing Waters, Dr. Ford)
Keep the word of God with an upright and generous heart and your patience will bear fruit. Luke 8: 15; V. From either Psalm 9 or Psalm 130 not used in the Responsorial Psalm as noted above

Or Tract:
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord, Lord, hear my voice. Psalm 130: 1-6a

OR Tract
From the Graduale Romanum (Translated):
Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people, from this time on and for evermore. Ps. 125: 1-2

Gospel:
The man who was blind washed his eyes and came back able to see. John 9:1-41 (Lectionary)

Offertory:
From the Graduale Romanum (Translated)
Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing to his name, for he is gracious. Whatever the LORD pleases he does, in heaven and on earth, in the seas and all deeps. Psalm 135: 3, 6

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated: By Flowing Waters, Dr. Ford)
It is good to give thanks to the Lord our God. Ps. 92: 1a Verses from Psalm 92: 2, 4-5, 12 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Communion
From the Sacramentary
The Lord rubbed my eyes: I went away and washed; then I could see, and I believed in God. John 9:11

From the Graduale Romanum (Translated)
He made mud with the saliva and spread the mud on my eyes: I went away and washed; then I could see, and I believed in God. John 9: 6, 11, 38 Verses from Psalm 27: 1, 4, 5-6, 9-10, 13 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated: By Flowing Waters, Dr. Ford)
I will go to the altar of God, the God of my gladness, the God of my joy. Ps. 43: 4ab. Verses from Pss. 43: 1-5; 42: 1-6a can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

No comments: