27 May 2009

Interesting Notes on Prayer Books

For Elder's Confirmation I gave her a prayer book- she has many "children's" prayer books, but I thought an older type prayer book would be more appropriate, after all she is an adult in the church - so anyway.

I noticed differences, one of which I would like to share with you and feel free to comment, ignore, or just ponder as you like:


Doesn't it appear that the new precepts did away with rule number six (Concerning marriage) and they split rule number one into two.

Now I know the Church does allow a Catholic to marry a non Catholic - with certain stipulations a dispensations, - I should mention that the new prayer book has a whole section on the "Church Laws concerning marriage"- so the laws are duly noted) but still shouldn't obedience to these Church laws on marriage be listed somewhere in the precepts- you know the six very basic things you have to do to be in "the church."

I suggest the following:

1. You shall keep holy Sundays and Holy days of Obligation by attending Mass and abstaining from labours and business.

and

6. You shall marry in accordance to Church laws.

No comments: