23 January 2010

3rd Sunday Ordinary Time C: January 31, 2010

Entrance Antiphon
Save us, Lord our God, and gather us together from the nations, that we may proclaim your holy name and glory in your praise. Psalm 106: 47

First Reading: Jeremiah1: 4-5, 17-19
They will fight against you; but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, says the Lord, to deliver you.

Responsorial Psalm: Psalm 71
My mouth will tell, O Lord, of your deeds of salvation. CBW III 123

Second Reading: 1 Corinthians 12: 31 – 13: 13
Now faith, hope and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

Gospel Acclamation: Luke 4: 18-19
The Lord sent me to bring Good News to the poor, to proclaim release to the captives

Gospel: Luke 4: 21-30
Truly I tell you, no prophet is accepted in his hometown.
Hymn Suggestions referencing the above reading
The Master Came to Bring Good News (R. Finn; ICH GLAUB AN GOTT) CBW III 439
Disciples Song (Tony Barr) CBW III 505
Praise the One Who Breaks the Darkness (R. Edwards; NETTLETON or HYFRYDOL) CBW III 582

Communion Antiphon: Psalm 31: 16-17
Let your face shine upon your servant, and save me by your love. Lord, keep me from shame, for I have called to you.

Marian Hymn
O Sanctissima

No comments: