27 April 2010

Fifth Sunday of Easter

Entrance Antiphon
Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvellous deeds; he has revealed to the nations his saving power, alleluia Psalm 98: 1,2 [Sacramentary]

-OR Introitus
Cantate Dominum canticum novum, alleluia: qui mirabilia fecit Dominus, allelluia: ante conspectum gentium revelavit iustitiam suam, alleluia, alleluia. Ps. Salvavit sibi dextera eius: et brachium sanctum eius. Ps. 98:1-2 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 225]

Hymn Suggestions:
All the Ends of the Earth (Haas) CBW III548
Sing a New Song (Schutte) CBW III 563
Sing a New Song to the Lord (Dudley-Smith) CBW III 566

First Reading: Acts 14: 21-27
It is through many persecutions that we must enter the kingdom of God.

Responsorial Psalm 145
R. I will bless your name forever, my King and my God. [Sacramentary]
I will praise your name for ever, my King and my God. CBW III 102

-OR Responsorio Psalm 118: 16
R. Alleluia V. Dextera Dei fecit virtutem: dextera Domini exaltavit me. R. [Graduale Romanum, pp. 226]

Second Reading: Revelations 21: 1-5
See, I am making all things new.

Alleluia Verse
I give you a new commandment: love one another just as I have loved you. [Sacramentary]

- OR Tractus Romans 6: 9
Alleluia V. Christus resurgens ex mortuis, iam non moritur: mors illi ultra non dominabitur. [Graduale Romanum, pp. 226]

Hymn Suggestions:
Eternal Lord Of Love (Cain) CBW III360
Christ is Alive (Wren) CBW III384
Christians, Lift up Your Hearts ( Bowers ) CBW III585
O Day of God (Scott) 586

Gospel: John 13:1, 31-33, 34-35
Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another.

Offertorio Psalm 66: 1, 2, 16
Iubilate Deo universa terra: iubilate Deo universa terra: psalmum dicite nomimi eius: venite, et audite, et narrabo vobis, omnes qui timtis Deum, quanta fecit Dominus animae meae, alleluia. [Graduale Romanum, pp. 227]

Hymn Suggestions:
Let All the Earth Cry Out to the Lord (The Grail/ Warner) CBW III589

Communion Antiphon: John 15: 1, 5
I am the vine and you are the branches, says the Lord; he who lives in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit, alleluia. [Sacramentary]

Hymn Suggestions:
Christians Let us Love One Another (Nigro & Foltz, PICARDY) CBW III 595

-Or Communio John 14: 27
Pacem meam do vobis, alleluia: pacem relinquo vobis, alleluia, alleluia
Verses Psalm 122: 1-9 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 228]

No comments: