2 November 2020

All Souls' Day, anniversary, and my next virtual history walk...

Today is the Feast of All Souls.  Remember the dead in your prayers, and, if you can, visit a cemetery and pray for the dead there, especially for those who are no longer remembered and have none to pray for them.  There are several indulgences available for today.  

As well, if you could in your charity, please remember my mother in your prayers.  Today is the anniversary of her death.

Lastly, my next virtual walk is coming up Tuesday, November 10th, and will be on the subject of Remembrance, in honour of Remembrance Day.  (I tried to come up with something for saints for All Saints' Day- it would be about the less than saintly lives many saints lead before turning to the Lord and called 'Sain't Misbehavin''- but I just didn't have the time to put it together) My goal is not to go over the battles or the generals or the heroes, but to try and look more into the life of the average soldier, mainly in the first world war, (although I have been going through a bunch of letters my mother kept from her favourite cousin who died training for the Second, and I could mine that for some interesting insights.  Maybe next year) with a little from the second.  As it stands at the moment, I will be drawing heavily though not exclusively from a source not typically used by most historians: comic strips.  

Anyone interested, let me know.

2 comments:

Kathleen1031 said...

Me! I'm always interested in what you write. You write well.
I don't know if you are in Canada or the US, so wondering what soldiers you would be talking about.

Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace, amen. I lost my Mom 12 years ago and my sister 6 years ago. As much as I miss them I'm glad they aren't able to know what's happened in our United States. I try to honor the souls in Purgatory, I have a substantial group of Memorial (funeral) cards I keep and like to pray this time of the year, but this year has been so crazy and so wonky, it all just slipped past me.

Bear said...

I live in Canada. If you want, contact me at gladius-spiritus(at)hotmaildotcom and I will send you the links to this Tuesday's walk.