15 February 2008

Lent 3 A

Introit:
From the Sacramentary
My eyes are ever fixed on the Lord, for he releases my feet from the snare, O look at me and be merciful, for I am wretched and alone. Psalm 25:15-16

From the Graduale Romanum (Translated):
15 My eyes are ever towards the Lord, for he will pluck my feet out of the net.
16Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Ps. 1To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul. 2O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame. Ps. 25: 15, 16; 1-2


From the Graduale Simplex (Translated)
My eyes are always on the Lord. Ps. To you O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, in you I trust; do not let me be put to shame...
Psalm 25:15a;
Verses from Psalm 25 can also be sung between repetitions of the antiphon

Or For the Scrutinies:

From the Sacramentary:
I will prove my holiness through you. I will gather you from the ends of the earth; I will pour clean water on you and wash away all your sins. I will give you a new spirit within you, says the Lord. Ez. 36: 23, 24, 25, 26

From the Graduale Romanum (Translated)
When through you I display my holiness (before their eyes.) I will gather you from all the countries; I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be clean from all your iniquities; and I will put a new spirit within you. Ps. I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise continually shall be in my mouth. Ez. 36: 23, 24, 25, 26; Psalm 34:1

First Reading:
Give us water to drink. Exodus 17: 3-7

Responsorial Psalm
O That Today (Young) CBWIII 50

Second Reading:
God's love has been poured into your hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us. Romans 5: 1-2, 5-8

Gospel Acclamation Verse:
Lord, you are truly the Saviour of the world; give me living water, that I may never thirst again. John 4: 42, 15

Gospel:
The water that I will give will become a spring of water gushing up to eternal life. John 4: 5-42

Offertory
From the Graduale Romanum (Translated)
8the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; 10 sweeter also than honey, and drippings of the honeycomb. 11Moreover by them is your servant warned Ps 19: 8, 10, 11

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated)
Break the bread with the hungry, and bring the poor and homeless into your house. Ps. Happy are those who fear the Lord, who greatly delight in his commandments... Isaiah 58:7; Ps. 112:1...

Communion:
From the Sacramentary
Whoever drinks the water that I shall give him, says the Lord, will have a spring inside him, welling up for eteranl life. John 4:13-14

From the Graduale Romanum (Translated)
13 ‘Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, 14but those who drink of the water that I will give them will never be thirsty. The water that I will give will become in them a spring of water gushing up to eternal life.’ Cant. You will say on that day:I will give thanks to you, O Lord, for though you were angry with me,your anger turned away, and you comforted me.
John 4: 13-14 Verses from Canticle Isaiah 12 can be sung beween repetitions of the antiphon.

From the Graduale Simplex (Translated)
The Lord is my light and my salvation Ps. The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Ps. 27: 1ab; 1cd
Verses from Psalm 27 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Mass Setting
(New) Mass of the Good Shepherd (Fr. S. Somerville)

Suggestions
Grant to Us O Lord (L. Deiss) CBW 621A
Salvator Mundi (Taize`) CBW 370
Christians, Let Us Love One Another CBW 595
Praise the One Who Breaks the Darkness CBW 582
Surely It Is God Who Saves Me CBW 500

No comments: