In addition to saying good bye to yet another year that didn't go according to plan, I would also like to say good-bye to the follwoing things.
Actually, these are mostly humans. I don't wish them ill. This is not an "I hope you die in a fire!" list. It's a list of people to whom I'd like to say: "Your fifteen minutes are up, now please take your bajillion dollars with my blessing, and go enjoy a quiet, pleasant and private retirement."
10. Anyone whose last name is Kardashian. It is people like these that give tramps a bad name. Unfortunately, Ms. Kim has just announced that she is pregnant with someone or other's child, so she will be in the news for another nine months, I am afraid.
9. Honey Boo Boo. I've never seen an episode of her show, and I am already sick of her. Her family gives trailer park trash a bad name.
8. Justin Bieber. No, I am not a Belieber, and as a Canadian, and on behalf of Canadians, I would like to say to the whole world: I am sorry. Now go buy a Rush album.
7. Elections. I don't want Democracy per se to go away: I just don't want to hear about it for one year, just one, lousy stinking year. I am starting to think the reason why Democracy has such a hard time getting established in other parts of the world is that it is so idiotically carried out in this part of it. We give democracy a bad name.
6. Lady Gaga. She gives a bad name to whatever she is.
5. Twilight. Now that the movie series is over, I hope the phenomena fades into the oblivion it so richly deserved from the start. I also hope the other movie based on a book by Stephanie Meyers flops. Note well: This is not me wishing her ill, as she has already made a heap of money.
4. American Idol, X-Factor and their ilk. They're talent shows where far more attention is devoted to the judges than to the talent, and the judges give over-egoed under-talented frauds a bad name.
3. That woman on Dance Moms. It's people like her that give driven, ruthless, amoral, heartless, appalling, people a bad name.
2. Lindsay Lohan. It's people like her that give crack addicted media whores a bad name.
1. Psy. 'nuff said.