31 December 2012

Some things I would like to say good-bye to at the stroke of Midnight

In addition to saying good bye to yet another year that didn't go according to plan, I would also like to say good-bye to the follwoing things.

Actually, these are mostly humans.  I don't wish them ill.  This is not an "I hope you die in a fire!" list.  It's a list of people to whom I'd like to say: "Your fifteen minutes are up, now please take your bajillion dollars with my blessing, and go enjoy a quiet, pleasant and private retirement." 

10.  Anyone whose last name is Kardashian.  It is people like these that give tramps a bad name. Unfortunately, Ms. Kim has just announced that she is pregnant with someone or other's child, so she will be in the news for another nine months, I am afraid.

9.  Honey Boo Boo.  I've never seen an episode of her show, and I am already sick of her.  Her family gives trailer park trash a bad name.

8.  Justin Bieber.  No, I am not a Belieber, and as a Canadian, and on behalf of Canadians, I would like to say to the whole world:  I am sorry.  Now go buy a Rush album.

7.  Elections.  I don't want Democracy per se to go away:  I just don't want to hear about it for one year, just one, lousy stinking year.   I am starting to think the reason why Democracy has such a hard time getting established in other parts of the world is that it is so idiotically carried out in this part of it.  We give democracy a bad name.

6.  Lady Gaga.  She gives a bad name to whatever she is.

5.  Twilight.  Now that the movie series is over, I hope the phenomena fades into the oblivion it so richly deserved from the start.  I also hope the other movie based on a book by Stephanie Meyers flops.  Note well:  This is not me wishing her ill, as she has already made a heap of money.

4. American Idol, X-Factor and their ilk.  They're talent shows where far more attention is devoted to the judges than to the talent, and the judges give over-egoed under-talented frauds a bad name.

3. That woman on Dance Moms. It's people like her that give driven, ruthless, amoral, heartless, appalling, people a bad name.

2.  Lindsay Lohan.  It's people like her that give crack addicted media whores a bad name.

1.  Psy.  'nuff said.

1 comment:

Larry Denninger said...

Thumbs up to every item on the list, Bear.

Happy New Year to you and your family!