17 August 2007

21st Sunday Ordinary Time – C

Introit:
Listen, Lord, and answer me. Save your servant who trusts in you. I call to you all day long, have mercy on me, O Lord. Psalm 86:1-3 [Roman Missal Sacramentary]

Inclina, Domine, aurem tuam ad me, et exaudi me: slavum fac servum tuum, Deus meus, sperantem in te: Miserere mihi, Domine, quoniam ad te clamavi tota die. Ps. Laetifica animam servi tui: quoniam ad Te, Domine, animam meam levavi. Ps. 85: 1-4 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 326]

~ Incline Thy ear, O Lord and hear me: save thy servant that trusts in Thee, my God, have mercy on me, O Lord, for I cry to Thee daily. Ps. Rejoice the soul of Thy servant: for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. [Ps. 86: 1-4 Translation aided by KJV, not for use at Holy Mass, Included for edification only.]

HYMN SUGGESTION
Great God of Mercy [ISTE CONFESSOR] [CHRISTE SANCTORUM] MIDIs only


Liturgy of the Word:

First Reading: Isaiah 66:18-21
All your kindred, from all nations, will be brought to the Lord.

Responsorial Psalm:
Go out the all the world and tell the Good News. Ps. 117: 1, 2 (R. Mark 16:15 Or Alleluia (2 OR 3 TIMES) [Roman Missal Lectionary]
Go Out to the Whole World (Moffatt/Murray) CBW 138

Gradual
Bonum est confiteri Domino: et psallere nomini tuo, Altissime. V. Ad annuntiandum mane misereicordiam tuam, et veritatem tuam per noctem. Ps. 91: 2 V. 3 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 327]

~ It is a good thing to give thanks unto the lord, and to sing praises unto Thy Name, O Most High. V. To show forth Thy loving kindness in the morning, and Thy faithfulness every night. Ps. 92:1V.2 [Translation not for use at Holy Mass, included only for edification, KJV]

Second Reading: Hebrews 12:5-7,11-13
The Lord disciplines those whom He loves.

Alleluia Verse:
I am the way, the truth and the life, says the Lord; no one comes to the Father, except through me. Jn 14:6 [Roman Missal Lectionary] CBW 174 ii

Quoniam Deus magnus Dominus, et rex magnus super omnem terram. Ps. 94:3 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 327.]

~For the Lord is a great God, and a great King over all the earth. Ps. 95: 3 [My humble translation aided by KJV Bible. Not approved for Holy Mass, included for edification only.]

Gospel: Luke 13:22-30
People will come from east and west and will eat in the Kingdom of God

Offertory Antiphon:
Exspectans exspectavi Dominum, et respexit me: et exaudivit deprecationem meam, et immisit in os meum canticum novum, hymnum Deo nostro. Ps. 3:2-4 [Graduale Romanum. pp. 328-329]

~I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry, and He has put a new song in my mouth. Ps. 40: 1, 3a [My Humble Translation, aided by KJV Bible, Not approved for use at Holy Mass.]

HYMN SUGGESTIONS
"Laudate Dominum" (M.A.Charpentier, W.A. Mozart)

Amazing Grace [NEW BRITAIN}
Lord We Hear Your Word With Gladness [IN BABILONE}
When in Our Music God is Glorified [ENGELBERG]

Communion Antiphon:
Lord, the earth is filled with your gift from heaven; man grows bread from the earth, and wine to cheer his heart. Psalm 104:13-15 [Roman Missal Sacramentary]

De fructu operum tuorum, Domine, satiabitur terra: ut educas panem de terra, et vinum laetiticet cor hominis: ut exhilaret faciem in oleo, et panis cor hominis confirmet. Ps. 103: 13-15 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 329]
Verses from Ps. 103: 1-2, 23-24, 30-31, 33-34 may be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

~The Earth is satisfied with the fruit of Thy works. That he may bring forth bread out of the earth. And wine that make glad the heart of man, and oil that makes his face to shine, and bread which strengthens the man’s heart. Ps. 104: 13b, 14b, 15 [My Humble Translation aided by KJV Bible]

Or ad libitum
Qui manducat carnem meam, et bibit sanguinem meum, in me manet, et ego in eo, dicit Dominus. John 6: 57 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 383]
Verses from Ps. 118: 1-2, 11, 49-50, 72, 103, 105, 162 or Ps. 22: 1-3v, 4a-5d, 6ab may be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

Or freely
~He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood dwells in me and I in him. John 6: 56 [My Humble Translation aided by KJV Bible]

HYMN SUGGESTIONS

Ave Verum Corpus [Mozart- Score]
Jesus My Lord, My God, My All [Adoro te devoto - MIDI & Lyrics] or [St. Chrysostom]

Cleansing of the Vessels
Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above [SALVE REGINA COELITUM]

Hail Queen of Heaven, the Ocean Star [After 'Salve, Regina', John Lingard]

Recessional
Praise the Lord, You Heavens Adore Him [AUSTRIA (Haydn)]
("Praise the Lord, All Ye Nations" (J.S. Bach)

No comments: