20 August 2007

22nd Sunday Ordinary Time - C

Introit
Miserere mihi Domine, quoniam ad te clamavi tota die: quia tu Domine suavis ac mitis es, et copiosus in misericordia omnibus invocantibus te. Ps. Inclina Domine aurem tuam et exaudi me: quoniam inops et pauper sum ego. Ps. 85:3,5 et 1 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 330]

I call to you all day long, have mercy on me, O Lord. You are good and forgiving, full of love for all who call to you. Psalm 86:3,5 [Roman Missal Sacramentary]
~ Ps. Incline Thine ear, O Lord, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Ps. 86:1 [Tr. with aid of KJV Bible, translation not authorised for Holy Mass, it is included here for edification only]


Hymn Suggestion
Great God of Mercy [Tune: Iste Confessor]
Have Mercy Lord, on Us. [Text: N. Tate/Brady; Tune: "Southwell," W. Damon's Psalmes]

First Reading: Sirach 3:17-20,28-29
Work humbly, and you will find favour in the sight of the Lord.

Responsorial Psalm
God, in your goodness, you have made a home for the poor. Ps. 68: 3-4, 5-6a, 9-10 (R.10) [Roman Missal Lectionary]
In Your Goodness, O God (O'Carroll/Bramma) CBW 177

Graduale
Timebunt gentes nomen tuum, Domine, et omnes reges terrae gloriam tuam. V. Quoniam aedificavit Dominus Sion, et videbitur in maiestate sua. Ps. 101: 16, V. 17 [Graduale Romanum, pp 265-266]

~ So the people shall fear Thy name, Lord, and all the kings Thy glory. V. When the Lord shall build up Sion, He shall appear in His glory Ps. 102: 15 V. 16 [Tr. with KJV; translation not authorised for Holy Mass; it is included here for edification only.]

Second Reading: Hebrews 12:18-19,22- 24a
You have come to Mount Zon, to the dwelling palce of the living God.

Alleluia Verse:
Take my yoke upon you; learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart. Matthew 11:29 [Roman Missal Lectionary]
Cantate Domino canticum novum: quia mirabilia fecit Dominus. Ps. 97:1 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 331-332]
Sing a new song unto the Lord, for the Lord hath done marvellous things. Ps 98:1 [Translation not for use at Holy Mass, included here for edification only.]

Alleluia (Jubilate Deo)


Gospel: Luke 14:1,7-14
All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Offertory Antiphon:
Domine, in auxilium meum, respice: confundantur e revereantur, qui quaerunt animam meam, ut auferant eam: Domine, in auxilium meum respice. Ps. 39:14-15 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 331]

~ Lord, in my need turn to me: confound and drive away those who seek my soul to destroy it: Lord, in my need turn to me. Ps. 40:13, 14 [Translation not for use at Holy Mass; included here for edification only.]

Hymns Suggestions
Tell Out, My Soul, the Greatness of the Lord [Text: Magnificat: D. Smith; Tune: "Woodlands," W. Greatorex]
Your Love, O God, Has All the World Created

Communion Antiphon:
Domine, memorabor iustitae tuae solius: Deus, docuisti me a iuventute mea, et usque in senectam et senium Deus, ne derelinquas me. Ps. 70: 70:16-18 [Graduale Romanum, pp. 332]
Verses from Ps 70: 1-3c, 5-6, 9, 12, 14, 23 can be sung between repetitions of the antiphon.

~ I will make mention of Thy righteousness, even of Thine only. O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth. Now also I am old and grey headed, O Lord, do not forsake me.
[Translation aided by KJV; not for use at Holy Mass; included here for edification only.]

O Lord, how great is the depth of the kindness, which you have shown to those who love you. Psalm 31:20 [Roman Missal Sacramentary]


Hymn Suggestion
"Humbly I Adore Thee" (J. David Hart)

Ablutions (Cleansing of the Sacred Vessels)

Be Joyful Mary Heavenly Queen


Come Down, O Love Divine

Recessional Hymn
Forth in the Peace of Christ We Go [ Text: James Quinn SJ; Tune: "lledrod," Welsh hymn Tune]

No comments: