27 April 2019

I'm off to talk about history

I'm going downtown now to explain a bit about the history of Catholics (Irish Catholics- over 90% of Catholics in Toronto in the mid 1800's were Irish) and some of the more interesting incidents that occurred, including the major change in Toronto that began when a clown and a fireman walked into a brothel.

The weather is against me, again, but I think I'm getting used to that.  I am also a victim of my own stupidity, as I accidentally booked this for the same day as the 206th anniversary of the burning of York during the War of 1812.  It wouldn't be a problem,  except I am starting right beside the Fort, which means I will be contending with cannon fire for the first part of my talk.

Ah me, as I was writing these words the sun came out.  Time to go.

2 comments:

Kathleen1031 said...

Haha, oh, I hope it went well. If it were me, the cannon would go off at the worst possible moment, as I have perhaps the world's worst cosmic timing. I hope you fared better.
It sounds like an interesting talk! You don't by any chance have insights into the Cork area, do you?

Bear said...

I have a very few. Was there anything in particular you wish to know?