8 June 2019

Goin' fishin'

So some of my council and I will be headin' out today for a bit of fishin' and talkin' and a bit of drinkin' and just droppin' our terminal 'g's' in general.  It's part of an effort to get the men to go out together from time to time, spend the time together as Catholic men in a way that doesn't require confession and penance afterwards.  It doesn't exactly bring us closer to heaven, but it doesn't move us farther away, so I'll take that as a win. If we're lucky, we may even catch some fish.

What I thought would happen happened: I am now the Grand Knight.  My past efforts as a leader in other places and roles have not been entirely felicitous.  I am short tempered and have a profound lack of what is referred to as 'people skills' so the potential for disaster here is large.

The council was in trouble before I stepped in.  I will do what I can to preserve it.


No comments: