9 June 2020

Keeping busy

I've been back at work for weeks now.  The 'quarantine' lasted only a few weeks for me, before work decided I was 'essential' and had to come in.  ironic, because I am almost at the exact tenth anniversary of when a bunch of us were called into a meeting and told we were fat and our hours were going to be cut.  All the essential worker who are back now had their hours cut then. 

I've still had some time on my hands, and I've been filling it in my shop   I'll have some photos up of my work soon.  I have also been giving virtual walks, explaining the history of our city, and Catholics within it, and some of the history and trivia of our churches.  I've talked about the arrival of the Famine Irish, how to read a church, the history and art of our cathedral, the monuments on University avenue, The Battle of York, the Battle of Stoney Creek, and about the time every single church in Toronto was placed under interdict.  Tonight I will be doing a repeat of an earlier walk, dealing with the clashes between the Orange and the Green in Toronto, including the Jubilee Riots, the second of which was the largest riot in Toronto history, when about 8-10,000 protestants attacked a procession of about 2,000 Catholics.

If any are interested, let me know, and I can try and arrange something for you.

1 comment:

Legohlas said...

This was lovely tto read